Introductions thread: What makes you tick?

I am a director of a software development and training company, based in London, contracted to the UN, other NGOs and private sector organisations, interested primarily in social impact technology-oriented projects in developing countries.

My company is currently building a computerised schools admin system for secondary schools in Africa. It will provide the essentials of admin eg. class enrolment, daily registration, assignments and grades, end of term reports to parents etc. Contact with parents will be via email or SMS. We also hope to add the ability to deliver basic numeracy and literacy content via SMS for children who are too far away from school to attend regularly.

Both cats and dogs! Dogs for walking, cats for admiring.

1 Like

Happy New Year, Mark!

Yes, that would be great and would love to hear about your journey in discovering and incorporating the Principles. Feel free to email me any drafts or for feedback and we can discuss more: clim@digitalimpactalliance.org

Hi Nick, welcome to the Digital Principles community! Sounds like an interesting project you’re working on - do you have any website or resources we can check out to learn more?

Hi Claudine

Thanks for your message. We’re updating our website quite comprehensively but our PDF brochure now attached describes a few of our projects.

Can you see email attachments OK?

Transmedia_electronic_brochure.pdf (879 KB)

Where in the world are you? Lagos, Nigeria

• What stage of your career are you at? Middle-Late - Academia: Professor of Information Systems
  • What are you current challenges? Digital transformation and effective use & adoption of technology
  • What gets you fired up about technology and development? Impact on business and society
  • Cats or dogs? None!

1.Where in the world are you?
Berlin, Germany

2.What stage of your career are you at?
Early mid-career if there is such a thing: 7 years of professional experience in Europe and Africa. Currently working as an M&E and ICT4D consultant at energypedia consult.

3.What are your current challenges?
Working in Germany, I am realizing that there is considerable hesitation when it comes to digitization. Some concerns related to privacy are justified, but there is also a considerable knowledge gap about tech concepts that prevents some orgs to develop a digital vision for themselves.

4.What gets you fired up about technology and development?
Digital change is coming and it is coming extremely fast. I want to make sure that we do not leave it to the market to decide which tools are built and how and who will get to use them, but to make sure that ditigal tools serve a social purpose. I am also on a personal mission to explain that innovation does not always have to be cutting edge tech, but that sometimes technically simply solutions suffice, if they go along with smart processes.

5.Cats or dogs?
Cats

Hello,

My name is Gitahi Ng’ang’a. I live and work in Nairobi, Kenya. I run a company called Hoji. We provide mobile data collection and analysis solutions for surveys, M&E and Data Quality Assessments.

I enjoy using using technology to create efficiencies within the development sector and beyond. I look forward to interacting with others on this forum.

Thanks!

1 Like

1- I’m in Conakry, Guinea a west African country.
2- Mid-career stage
3- My current challenge is to deepen my ICT4D competencies to widen my skills
3- Helping people to live a better life through technology such as good health systems, customs and trade systems, mapping and much more.
4- Dogs.

Hi Gitahi, welcome to the community! We have a lot of other community members who also work with mobile data collection, hope you are able to connect with them and share some insights and best practices for M+E and data usage!

1 Like

1. Where in the world are you?
São Paulo, Brazil
2. What stage of your career are you at?
Moving to a director position
3. What are you current challenges?
Transforming traditional companies into digital companies
4. What gets you fired up about technology and development?
Being able to achieve the impossible and rethink the world
5. Cats or dogs?
Dogs

Hi everyone, my name is Clement Stephen. I’m building my career as a development practitioner. I have a good IT background with 5+ years experience in monitoring and evaluation.

Hi everyone, my name is Clement Stephen. I’m building my career as a development practitioner. I have a good IT background with 5+ years experience in monitoring and evaluation.

Hi there - a bit belated, but welcome to the community! Would love to learn more about your challenges with turning traditional companies into digital and if you are involved in any work pertaining to digital transformation.

Hello Clement - welcome to the Digital Principles forum! What kind of digital development projects have you worked on?