ICT4D Principles in French?

Dear all,

Can I please ask whether the ICT4D principles have been translated into French? Please let me know if this has been done, I couldn’t see it on the website.

If not, my organisation HealthEnabled are willing to have them translated. They are such a good resource that is relevant to work in francophone West Africa and elsewhere.

Comments or suggestions (e.g. good ICT4D literate translators) very welcome.

Best wishes,

Peter

I’m a native French speaker and happy to participate in a crowdsourced
translation effort. I don’t have specific credentials as a translator :slight_smile:

··· On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Peter Benjamin wrote:

Dear all,

Can I please ask whether the ICT4D principles have been translated into
French? Please let me know if this has been done, I couldn’t see it on the
website.

If not, my organisation HealthEnabled are willing to have them translated.
They are such a good resource that is relevant to work in francophone West
Africa and elsewhere.

Comments or suggestions (e.g. good ICT4D literate translators) very
welcome.

Best wishes,

Peter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“ICT4D Principles” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the offer! As it happens, we just submitted the Principles 1-page handout to a translation firm yesterday afternoon to create French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions. These translations are due to be completed within four business days. Once we have received the translations, we would like to share them with this list for review to ensure accuracy. Stay tuned for those later this week or on Monday.

Best,

Mike

··· From: ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com [mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Benjamin Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:22 AM To: ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com Cc: 'Helen Alexander' Subject: [ICT4D Principles] ICT4D Principles in French?

Dear all,

Can I please ask whether the ICT4D principles have been translated into French? Please let me know if this has been done, I couldn’t see it on the website.

If not, my organisation HealthEnabled are willing to have them translated. They are such a good resource that is relevant to work in francophone West Africa and elsewhere.

Best wishes,
Peter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ICT4D Principles” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.commailto:ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to ict4d-principles@googlegroups.commailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com.

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the response. I’m glad it is happening so that we don’t need to duplicate.

Thanks also to Estelle for an offer of assistance, that now will not be necessary.

Best wishes,

Peter

··· From: ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com [mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Michael Dawson Sent: 29 September 2015 08:48 PM To: Peter Benjamin ; ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com Cc: 'Helen Alexander' Subject: RE: [ICT4D Principles] ICT4D Principles in French?

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the offer! As it happens, we just submitted the Principles 1-page handout to a translation firm yesterday afternoon to create French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions. These translations are due to be completed within four business days. Once we have received the translations, we would like to share them with this list for review to ensure accuracy. Stay tuned for those later this week or on Monday.

Best,

Mike

From: mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com [ mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Benjamin
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:22 AM
To: mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com
Cc: ‘Helen Alexander’ < mailto:helen@healthenabled.org helen@healthenabled.org>
Subject: [ICT4D Principles] ICT4D Principles in French?

Dear all,

Best wishes,

Peter

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ICT4D Principles” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com mailto:ict4d-principles+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com .
To post to this group, send email to ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com mailto:ict4d-principles@googlegroups.com .