I am thrilled to announce that Jayant Sinha, Minister of Civil Aviation, a Member of Indian Parliament and formerly Minister of State for Finance, has been confirmed as keynote speaker at the ICT4D Conferencehttp://www.ict4dconference.org/ 2017, to be held from the 15-18 May in Hyderabad, India.
The conference will discuss how to harness the power of data to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals, not just in light of the transformation to Digital India but through best practice from across the globe, especially in agriculture, health, education, financial inclusion, disaster management, data strategy, and partnerships.
Attracting a diverse and international audience of over 1000 senior program managers, technical advisors and executives, the event offers a unique range of practical insights on applying technology to development challenges. Highly interactive and hands-on, the conference will host a map gallery and an exhibition where product innovations will be demonstrated first hand.
The top themes of the plenary sessions include:
The impact of digital transformation on development
Innovations in data visualization and analytics
Enablers and barriers to open data sharing
Frontier solutions and their contribution to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals
Keynote and plenary speakers from government, international and Indian NGOs, private and civil society organizations include the following ICT and development experts and global thought leaders:
· Jayant Sinha, Minister of Civil Aviation of India
· Rebecca Moore, Director of Engineering, Google Earth, Earth Engine & Earth Outreach, Google
· Neil Sahota, IBM Master Inventor, IBM Watson Group
· Anil Bhansali, Managing Director, Microsoft India (R&D), General Manager, Cloud and Enterprise, Microsoft India Development Center
· Lauren Woodman, Chief Executive Officer, NetHope
· Schuyler Thorup, Executive Vice President, Overseas Operations, Catholic Relief Services
· Cherian Thomas, Chief Executive Officer, World Vision India
· Kate Wilson, Chief Executive Officer, Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL)
· Frederic Pivetta, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Dalberg Data Insights
· Radha Basu, Chief Executive Officer, iMerit Technology Services
· Chuck Conley, Non-profit and Global Organizations Account Manager, Environmental Systems Research Institute (Esri)
· Dr. David Bergvinson, Director General, International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
· Dipak Basu, Chief Executive Officer, Anudip Foundation
· Michael Duggan, Chief Information Officer (Global), Oxfam International
· Dr. Emmanuel Letouzé, Director & Co-Founder, Data Pop Alliance
· Dr. Shadrock Roberts, Director of Resilience Programs, Ushahidi
· Tyler Radford, Senior Manager, Humanitarian Open Street Map Team (HOT)
· Rhiannan Price, Senior Manager, Seeing a Better World Program, DigitalGlobe
Furthermore, over 200 speakers are confirmed for the eight conference tracks on Agriculture & Environment, Health, Education & Livelihoods, Disaster Management, Digital Financial Inclusion, Partnerships & Collaborative Solutions, and Data Analysis & Strategy; and the Executive Session.
A full list of speakers and detailed agenda will be published shortly, please visit ict4dconference.org for more information and updates.
The conference is expected to be attended by over 1000 representatives of non-governmental agencies, private sector companies, multi-lateral and government agencies, academic and research institutions, and aid and development funding organizations. As previous ICT4D Conferences have always sold out, we advise you to secure your place now and register via the conference websitehttp://www.ict4dconference.org/register-plan/registration/ .
And if you would like to enquire about exhibition stands or personalized networking opportunities, please email me directly.
The Consortium Partners (Anudip, CRS, Dalberg, DIAL, Esri, ICRISAT, iMerit, Mercy Corps, NetHope, World Vision) and I look forward to welcome you at the beautiful Hyderabad International Convention Centre.
Sonja Ruetzel | ICT4D Conference Manager, Global Knowledge & Information Management |Cell: +44 7847643317 (GMT)| email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: Sonja.Ruetzel
London based (Head Office: 228 West Lexington Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-3443, USA) | crs.orghttp://www.crs.org/ |ict4dconference.orghttp://www.ict4dconference.org/
Connect with us on:
[cid:image002.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390]http://www.facebook.com/CatholicReliefServices [cid:image003.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] https://twitter.com/CatholicRelief [cid:image004.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] http://instagram.com/catholicreliefservices [cid:image005.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] https://www.linkedin.com/company/catholic-relief-services [cid:image006.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] https://plus.google.com/+catholicreliefservices/posts [cid:image007.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] https://www.youtube.com/catholicrelief [cid:image008.png@01D25A9E.7BA24390] http://www.pinterest.com/catholicrelief/
ICT4D Conference Sponsors, Exhibitors & Supporters include:http://www.ict4dconference.org/sponsors-exhibitors/2017-exhibitors/
Microsoft, Google, RTI International, Digital Globe, Oxfam, Dalberg, Cyient, CABI, Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion, DanOffice, Diona, Thought Folks, Centre for Good Governance, Akvo, Open Systems, Quest Alliance, Vecna Cares, Vera Solutions, Government of Telangana, Edelman, TechSoup