I wanted to share the recently released report, Fighting Ebola with Information, that is highlighted below.
The report and included recommendations speak directly to many of the Principles for Digital Development.
Feedback and sharing highly encouraged!
···----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear colleagues and friends,
At long last, we are very pleased to share with you the report Fighting Ebola with Information: Lessons from the Use of Data, Information, and Digital Technologies in the West African Ebola Outbreak Responsehttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/fighting-ebola-information.
Many of you were interviewed for or otherwise consulted during the researching and writing of this report, including those of you who took significant time and effort to provide peer review of an initial draft. We are grateful for your expertise and collaboration. Others of you expressed interest in receiving the report when finalized.
The report is written for global health, humanitarian, and international development audiences, three communities that were central to the crisis and longer-term recovery phases of the response. It is designed to capture successes and lessons from the response. The intent of the report is to document both challenges and opportunities that arose in the use of data, information, and digital technologies during the response, and to offer concrete and actionable next steps for operationalization of these insights.
The report is organized into the following sections:
· Forewordhttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/foreword-0: A call to action from the heads of USAID’s Global Development Lab, Global Health Bureau, and Office for Foreign Disaster Assistance
· Introductionhttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/introduction-0: A snapshot of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa
· Lifting the ‘Fog of Information’https://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/lifting-fog-information: Major contributing factors to the difficult data picture
· Data Use & Digitizationhttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/data-use-and-digitization: A closer look at ways in which data were collected and used
· Real-Time Information Flowshttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/real-time-information-flows: Case studies of digitized data flows
· Recommendationshttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/recommendations: Detailed and practical next steps to operationalize insights
· Call to Actionhttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/call-action: A high-level call to action for the audiences addressed
· Acknowledgementshttps://www.globalinnovationexchange.org/acknowledgements-0: A roll call of individuals interviewed for or otherwise consulted
We invite you to share this report broadly with interested colleagues and your professional networks. We also welcome your feedback.
With best regards,
Adele Waugaman, Senior Digital Health Advisor, USAID (email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org) Larissa Fast, Research Fellow, IIHA, Fordham University and Visiting Researcher, HCRI, University of Manchester (email@example.com:firstname.lastname@example.org)