For those of you who are interested by the question of responsible data and inclusiveness, you’re most welcome to join next month’s GeOnG online event (November 2nd to 3rd) - you can see here the detailed agenda (https://live.eventtia.com/en/2020-geong-forum/agenda) and register (https://live.eventtia.com/en/2020-geong-forum/register).
Here are in particular a few sessions that may be of interest to some of you:
Monday, Nov 2nd
- 10am - 11am CEST: Plenary session, with a keynote address from Ben Parker (Senior Editor of The New Humanitarian)
- 11:15am - 12:45pm CEST: Roundtable “How can you truly manage informed consent in practice?” (Camealeon Consortium, ICRC, The Centre for Humanitarian Data - OCHA & World Vision International)
- 2:30pm to 4pm CEST: Workshop “Securely sharing sensitive files?” (NRC, Solidarités International & CartONG)
- 4:15 to 5:45pm: Workshop “Building Responsible Data reflexes” (The Engine Room)
- 6:15pm to 7:45pm CEST: “Covid-19 crisis experience sharing session: How can the sector adapt its data practices to physical distancing constraints?” (with the support of the H2H Network and several of its members)
Tuesday, Nov 3rd
- 1:30pm to 3:00pm CEST - Workshop “Privacy by design: Cloud storage of beneficiary data in a third country” (DPO Consulting - sponsor)
- 4pm to 5:30pm CEST:
- Roundtable “Data Protection laws in context: how can they be at the service of vulnerable people’s rights?” (Camealeon Consortium, Humanity United, ICRC & MSF) or
- Roundtable “The more granular and local the data, the more useful? Privacy vs. accuracy in GIS data visualizations” (CartONG, GICHD, ICRC & UNHCR)
The roundtables and the plenary & experience-sharing sessions are accessible to all registered participants free of charge, and the workshops to the holders of the advanced ticket (available for a small fee of 25 euros or free of charge if you are a Global South actor). More information here: https://live.eventtia.com/en/2020-geong-forum/register
We are in any case looking forward to having members of the RD community join the conversation!
All the best,